Sunday, November 13, 2011

A few months ago, my oldest sister Rachael sent out a family e-mail asking if anyone was interested in participating in the Gladiator Run, a 5K including 14 obstacles. I had seen pictures of my friends' after the similar "Hell run" or "Warrior dash" so I had a feeling as to what I was getting myself into. I said sure, and we signed up a few weeks later. 

After discussing our outfits extensively, Rachael and I were ready. 
The morning of the race arrived, and Rachael's husband Neal acted as our sherpa, carrying our extra clothes and basically running the race himself in order to snap actions shots along the way. Neal, the race wouldn't have been NEARLY as great if you weren't there getting documentation. THANKS! 

So, Please enjoy the following photos. 
 The starting line...
 Monster truck ROCK STAR led the way down the raceway...
 Up and over mud hills
 I fell...
 I'm getting ready to fall again....
 There I go...
 All smiles
 Having a blast
 Jumping over cars
 Climbing the cargo net
 Climbing the last obstacle...

Jumping over fire to cross the finish line
 Rachael and I felt pretty badass



And even though we didn't get first place...we did get these cool shirts, and a few scars. 

Rach, you want to do it again? 







No comments:

Post a Comment